Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Can a pancake be better for you? Draft 1

 I was sleepy on a Saturday morning and threw something together, this is a first idea to be refined.

In my grogginess, I wasn't tracking my measurements accurately (epic fail!).

Intent, make a pancake with higher fiber, healthier fats, more whole grains.


Ingredients

- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- Nonfat greek yoghurt (as an acid to activate baking powder)
- I used butter to help bind ingredients, want to find a better option, this is what I had available
- Chia Seeds, I used this as a binder, I pre-soaked them to activate the baking powder 
- 1 teaspoon (I hope I did not use a tablepoon) of baking powder
- Flaxseed meal
- Psyllium Husk Fiber
- Walnuts
- Blueberries
- Used a tablespoon of sugar, but could substitute raw honey
- Added some vanilla extract

To consider:
- Use Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer 
- Use a healthier fat like olive or avocado oil
Perhaps these two items would replace the binding properties of egg and butter.



I referenced this recipe's proportions:
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/21014/good-old-fashioned-pancakes/


1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon white sugar
¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
1 ¼ cups milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 large egg

No comments:

Post a Comment