Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hähnchenschnitzel mit Kraut und Kartoffen

A few weeks ago I made a Modern Fusion German meal consisting of of chicken schnitzel, sweet potato pancakes and a braised Red Kraut. But this week I decided to make my own more traditional SauerKraut so I wanted to revisit this meal and hopefully perfect it.

Bread Crumbs for Schnitzel
A couple of weeks ago I just used Italian Herbed bread crumbs with some Fenugreek added. What about Rye Bread with some Turmeric and Fenugreek leaves? Cincinnati's Servatti's barkery has an Oldenburger Rye that is pretty light in flavor.

SauerKraut
This was pretty easy. I found this recipe on Wild Fermentation and slightly altered it. I just did one head of cabbage, some course salt, a wee bit of crushed garlic and some sliced onions (garlic and onions help detox the body) along with some carraway seeds and threw them in some cloth-covered jars and made sure the shredded cabbage was below the surface of the brine.

No comments:

Post a Comment